Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lupe Fiasco Writes A "Poem" For "Food & Liquor 2"

With his fourth album only days away from being released, the Chicago emcee is on his promo tour. Well yesterday he took to twitter to do a bit of promo by sending out a series of tweets speaking on the album. The tweets have all been transcribed below, be sure to pick up Food & Liquor 2 when it drops September 25th.

‎6 yrs ago there was a seismic shift, a rise, a lift, he finally arrived in rap form and used that form as his platform 2 provide his gift, summarized as sick, quick witted and hip, also promoted wisdom in a broken system gave the fans a fix and b*tch n*ggas the fits, a culmination of hard work, long nights through cold water and large surf, wading the water this MC became a Man, McMan, Star Search...

Now in between these here albums we've had our ups & downs, partly my fault cuz the way I talk a mix of giving a fuck & he don't fuck around, but I always kept it honest as my father made me promise, before he left this world to go and dwell amongst the comets.

So put aside the comments, the constant blog blah blah & me arguing with comics, cuz #Sept25th I bring again the gift prepare 2 b astonished.

...and waste no time when trying to decipher every verse, cuz if part 1 is just the gift part 2 will be the curse, #FL2

No comments:

Post a Comment