Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Aaliyah Feat. Drake

It is not not a secret that Drake has long since had an abnormally strange infatuation with the late RnB singer Aaliyah. He has sampled her music on more than one occasion ( peep Unforgettable off of Thank Me Later where Young Jeezy gives in my opinion one of the better verses of his career). Wrote her a letter to on www.rapradar.com on the 9th anniversary of her death in which he ended it with, "...I’ll continue to make music in your honor until the day we finally meet. Dinner’s on me!". The strangest to me is that he got a tattoo of the singer he never met on his back (I guess I can't really judge that because I've wanted a Jimi Hendrix tattoo for awhile now, but that's different without Jimi there'd be no Cudi at least not the one we all know and love. Rumor has it that he is now going to be executive producer of her first posthumous album. He debuted the first single, Enough Said, at his annual OVO fest this past Sunday. Personally I like Drake's verse but the song itself was kinda blah to me, I need Aaliyah's vocals on Timberland production, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment