Thursday, August 30, 2012

Is Future's "Turn On The Lights" The Worst Song Of 2012?

The answer to the title question is more than likely yes (I listened to his album and I think all of his songs sound the same so for me you can pick any of his songs and call any one of them the worst for all I care.), if not please point me to the youtube link of something more painful to listen to. I remember the first time I heard this man was on Racks and I didn't even like him then, it was the beat and the hook that saved song, plus the fact the other guy was at least tolerable to listen to. Now I'm not one of those old school Peter Rosenberg type of guys that's always going on and on about the golden era of hip hop and missing the boom bap sound because honestly I don't believe in "real hip hop". I love all types of music, up until a little bit ago I hadn't heard a rap song all day, I was vibin to Chiodos for a good minute before I switched over to Ed Sheeran (I'm actually bumpin that new Based Gospel that dropped yesterday right now). I believe life is all about balance, you need good bad and right and wrong so on and so forth so do you need some ratchetness with your righteousness? I think so. From a musical standpoint, the righteousness you need can be provided by the likes of Justin Bieber, Big K.R.I.T., and Alicia Keys (there was a point in time when all I wanted to listen to was Unthinkable, I didn't even like anybody at the time, but dammit that song made wish I did so I could make it her ringtone).Now on the flip side when you're feeling a little ratchet, and you wanna bump some ish that others may not deem as "real music" ain't nothing wrong with 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane , or some Marilyn Manson (if you've never listened to him I highly suggest you start with Beautiful People, which ironically is a beautiful song from a lyrical standpoint). I must warn you though, just like how in nature there are seemingly harmless plants like poison ivy, that if not avoided can harm you, there are poisons in music as well. Some of the poison ivy's of music are Rihanna (after her 3rd album with the exception of Rude Boy, I like that song or at least the way it makes girls move their bodies), Tyga, and the auto tuned terrorist himself, Future. Back to the topic at hand, in my world there are only two types of music, really good or really bad, and unfortunately for Future and his fan base he falls in the later of those two categories for me. With the exception of the intro which Big Rube killed, and lets be real has Rube ever spit some wack ish? Or Juicy J's verse on Trippin what can you possibly enjoy about this album? Same Damn Time is a horrible song, and the remix is only acceptable because of Diddy's verse and unfortunately for Ludacris I can never make it to his verse because that would mean suffering through Future's underwater singing (I don't why but I feel like the majority of Furture's fan base probably didn't like 808's by Kanye because of the auto tune and singing, which if you think about it is highly ironic). You guys have no idea how much it bothers me it irks me that he's so closely affiliated with Dungeon Family, and that the same people who made all those classic Kast albums are now helping him make this trash. This entire "Tiny Tantrum" (I'm only 5'4 and 1/2) was inspired by this video.

written by, @LUSHnLUSTnoLOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment