Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Game changes the title for his fifth album

Not long after debuting its first potential single with the Chris Brown, Tyga, Wiz Khalifa and Lil Wayne-assisted “Celebration,” Game has deciced to go in a different direction with his upcoming fifth LP. The Compton rapper has changed the album title from F.I.V.E.: Fear Is Victory’s Evolution to Jesus Piece.

Jayceon Taylor announced the name change in a recent interview with VIBE. He also explained the motivation behind the change, saying that he wanted to avoid the current “5″ theme adopted by the likes of Trey Songz and his former nemesis 50 Cent, and that he wanted to create music that speaks to a religious, yet streetwise, audience.

“Trey Songz came with his album ‘Chapter V,’ and of course 50 had ’5 (Murder by Numbers),’ I just felt like I should jump off that wagon,” he said. “So I went back into the studio and started doing songs that leaned more towards the title. I think people gon’ appreciate the concept once they hear the music.

“’Jesus Piece’ gives me an opportunity to speak about situations that people like me who love God but are still street and still wanna remain themselves without going the Pastor Mase route. It gives the opportunity to know that it’s somebody out there that feels them.”

Jesus Piece is expected to arrive before the end of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment