Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Azalea Banks says "You rap game rap ni**ers, you stupid like..."


The Harlem femcee seems to have caused nothing but drama since Kanye called her the future of hip hop or whatever, (I find that interesting considering the first female to sign with G.o.o.d Music is not her but Teyana Taylor, maybe Ye was gone off that Henny again when he said that.) going at it with the like of Lil Kim, Iggy Azalea, and most recently Jim Jones. You like me may not be too fond of her music (I'm kinda biased I heard 212 and was like ehh, downloaded Fantasea it's chillin in iTunes unplayed *shrugs*) but have no choice but to respect someone with an opinion that strays from the norm and isn't afraid to voice it. In her recent interview with NME she says "You rap game rap niggers, you stupid like, closed-minded not-ready-to-progress-with-culture people can stay where you are, because I don't do this for y'all. I don't do this to impress you guys and I don't do this for your approval; I do this because I like to do this. And I feel like that's what the hip-hop world in the US is having a hard time understanding." She speaks like she's like she deserves the respect of a 10 year vet, I respect it but I can't help but think "what's up with these new niggas, and why they think it all comes so easy...". As far as the music goes she said,  "fucking strong. Like strong, like '212' strong," in regards to her debut album Broke With Expensive Taste. She also confirmed a feature from Drums Of Death on the album, due out February 12th.


Read the full interview here: http://www.nme.com/news/azealia-banks/65656

written by, @LUSHnLUSTnoLOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment