Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adian Coker drops visual for "Angels and Demons"

Born in Sierra Leone, the emerging rapper, producer and songwriter has lived in Woolwich, South London since the age of four. Latching onto music with passion at a young age, Coker learnt to play classical guitar, keys and drums in his school years. Years later, whilst recording his own music at Jutland Studios, the opportunity arose to produce for a number of artists including the Mitchell Brothers and D’banj.

The Goldsmiths English graduate quietly released his well received underground mixtape, The Colour Of Magic, in 2010, garnering interest in his lyrical prowess. “Words to me are everything,” says Adian. “I am a perfectionist and I make sure every syllable in my music has meaning and has earned its right to be there. I studied English at University for a reason; my love of language is reflected in every song I write.”

Taken from his forthcoming mixtape, SoulCulture presents Adian Coker’s brand new video “Angels & Demons.”

“Coming up here today I have no hidden agenda. I am fighting for my future. In my anger I am not blind – and in my fear I am not afraid of telling the world how I feel.

“Losing my future is not like losing an election or a few points on the Stock Market. I am here to speak for all generations to come.”

Opening defiantly with a sample of a speech given by 12 year old Severn Cullis-Suzuki – “the girl who silenced the world for six minutes” at the 1992 Rio+20 U.N. Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro – the self-produced “Angels & Demons” leads with a riff similar to Lez Zeppelin‘s famous “Kashmir,” alongside subtle synths and almost militant drums, as Coker unrolls a dry, lyrical, deliberate flow vocally reminiscent of a young Roots Manuva.

Watch the sophisticated, cinematic video for “Angels & Demons” below, directed by Tim Brown.



Source: http://www.soulculture.co.uk/music-blog/newmusic/sc-premiere-adian-coker-angels-demons-music-video/#axzz23VET5mPK

No comments:

Post a Comment